457 Retirement Plans
Contact Us

1-877-677-3678 Email us

Find a Financial Advisor Find a Financial Advisor Find an Agent Find a Mortgage Expert

Call to find a financial advisor: 1-877-245-0761

Prepare for Retirement With a 457 Plan Designed for Government and Non-Profit Workers

Deferred compensation plans, also known as 457 retirement plans are designed for state and municipal workers and employees of some tax-exempt organizations.

If you participate in a 457 plan, you can contribute a portion of your salary to a retirement account. That money and any earnings you accumulate are not taxed until you withdraw them.

The difference between a 401(k) and a 457 retirement plan

Although they’re alike in many ways, there are some differences between 401(k) and 457 plans, particularly when it comes to early withdrawal penalties and minimum required distributions.

With a 457 retirement savings plan:

Keep in mind that federal income tax laws are complex and subject to change. Neither Nationwide nor our representatives give legal or tax advice. Please consult your attorney or tax advisor for answers to specific questions.


National deferred compensation plans

If you participate in a national 457 plan, find your plan here:

NFW-3664AO, NFW-3764AO

Share Article