If you like the safety offered by traditional fixed rate products but know you'll need additional growth to meet your future planning needs, then Nationwide Secure Growth may be right for you. It's an individual, single-purchase payment, deferred fixed annuity designed for long-term savings.
Nationwide Secure GrowthSM
With Nationwide Secure Growth, you get:
- A guaranteed rate of return: You have the potential to earn a higher interest rate than traditional fixed investments might offer
- Tax deferral: Your annuity value may grow tax deferred
- Protection from market risk: With the safety of a fixed interest rate, you don’t have to worry about losing any of your initial investment or credited earnings
- An efficient way to pass on a legacy: If you never annuitize your contract, it’s paid directly to your beneficiaries without going through the probate process
Other key points about Nationwide Secure Growth:
- 10% of the contract value is available immediately penalty-free; withdrawals at any time may be subject to ordinary income taxes; if you make a withdrawal before age 59 ½, it may be subject to a 10% early withdrawal federal tax penalty
- A market value adjustment (MVA) option is available in some states; an MVA is an amount that’s added to or subtracted from withdrawals you may take, depending on changes in interest rates
About Nationwide Secure Growth:
You may be charged a fee called a contingent deferred sales charge (CDSC) if you take money from your contract before a specified time. In CA, a CDSC is called a "surrender charge." See the Client Guide for a detailed CDSC schedule.